FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
We prepare truck trailer monitoring project and considering FMB204 as tracker module. I was wondering if we could use solar power to charge a battery  to make this module autonomous. If this is possible and reasonable what power of solar panel would be suitable ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Maciej

In my experience, the Power consumption in FMB 204 is really very low (50 mA).

With Internal battery, the FMB204 can work for the night, and the next day It will be charged again.
by anonymous
Thank you. I found few solutions from other companies with integrated solar power. I believe 12V  4-5 Wp solar module would be enough to charge internal batter efficiently. Or maybe smaller ?

What do you think ?
by anonymous
Hi Bobie

5 W will be in "test mode", It could be interested to Know the output power in "real world"
by
Hi bobie,

i'm working on a similar truck based project and am looking for a standalone solar solution. If you've gotten any solution kindly share with the specifics.