FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello all,

Currently I'm try trying to set up a TAT100 with an EYE SENSOR.
The basic setup works, so TAT100 is reporting periodically its position and if available the sensor data.
For testing purposes I used a 5min, 10min and 1 hour period, this is working without any problems.

Now I want to enable the Lost Sensor alarm, so when the sensor is moved out of range TAT100 should be in recovery mode
and alert me via SMS.

So I changed the following settings:

Enabled the Lost BLE Sensor (Period 180s) under "Recovery Mode" menu.

Enabled the Lost Sensor Alarm for my sensor in the bluetooth section.

Added my cellphone Nr and operand "on entrance" to the Recovery Mode field (Priority is already set to low)

Sensor Settings:

What happens is the following:

As soon as the period is over, e.g. 10min. I get a SMS with recovery mode on. The sensor is next to TAT100 (like before)
but it doesn't get recognized.
Interesting is that there are 2 messages. The first one with the alarm mode on and the second one with a -41,62 in the temperature field.

I would expect that, as long as the sensor is next to TAT100, I just should get the periodical messages.
After the BLE scanning duration is over, it shoudl recognize that the sensor is not available anymore and should be in alarm mode.
I should receive a SMS and the position updates should be sent every 180 sec.

Can you please tell me if I missunderstood something, configured something wrong or it is a bug?
Btw. TAT100 and EYE Sensor are on the latest available firmware version and I can provide a DUMP/LOG file.

Kind Regards
Alex

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Please change update frequency in BLE Feature configuration to 30 seconds. With current settings, device scans for 30 seconds and wait until update frequency time passes (additional 150 seconds), so after it finish scanning, no sensor is detected for 150 seconds.

Regards
by anonymous

hi!
thanks for your answer. I have changed the setting but the problem is still the same.
I still get the SMS alarm and also the same messages with the same values (-41.62).
Unfortunatley the behavior did not change.

Regards

by anonymous
We would like to analyze your case, therefore please open ticket in VIP Helpdesk and provide all needed information: device IMEI, firmware version, configuration file. If you don't have VIP Helpdesk login. please contact with your Sales Manager. If you don't have any contacts with our Sale managers, please contact with them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics".
Or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Best Regards
by anonymous
Thanks a lot for the fast response. I've contacted Mr. Pupelis because I do not have an VIP Helpdesk account.
If he is not the right person for this I will send my "report" to  info@...

@chitra32: thanks for your kind words and I hope it will help you solve you challenges ;-)