FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Has anyone checked the actual sleep current?

I have a FMC125 and the actual sleep mode current is much higher than what the tech pubs say.

This is what I measured:

DEEP SLEEP MODE

Supply Volts    Current
10V             22mA
12V             20mA
14V             15mA
16V             16mA
18V             15mA
20V             14mA
22V             12mA
24V             12mA
26V             8mA
28V             8mA
30V             7mA

The book value for deep sleep is 7mA, a long way from the 20mA I measured.

Chris.

by anonymous

I have been blocked so have created another login.

My resolution to the problem:

Hello again Piya,

I am very sorry but I shall not be continuing with this device any more.

In order to check the current draw as per the specifications you sent me I reset all settings to default and then applied the settings you provided.

As very much expected the current draw remained the same. Also, I am no longer able to enter Deep Sleep Mode again.

I also see the tech docs still have not been updated to show the revised promised current draw in sleep modes.

The above coupled with so MANY queries in the tech support forum regarding problems with sleep modes across many devises has convinced me to cut my losses and bin this Teltonika devise and purchase a different manufacture tracker. This I have already done.

I have lost all confidence with the company and products.

Having said all that I thank YOU very much for your help.

Best regards,

Chris.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

We would like to analyze your case, therefore please open ticket in VIP Helpdesk and provide all needed information: device IMEI, firmware version, configuration file. If you don't have VIP Helpdesk login. please contact with your Sales Manager. If you don't have any contacts with our Sale managers, please contact with them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics".
Or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Best Regards