FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi all,

I have a pair of Segway Ninebot Max G30s that I would like to install a GPS tracker into. I am even thinking about the suitability of this as a cottage business (e.g., helping people install trackers in their Ninebots and providing a platform for that).

I am reasonably tech savvy—I work in technology and I'm perfectly comfortable following instructions for this sort of complicated project—but cannot find enough public documentation to be sure of the end-to-end process.

Assuming I have a platform like GPS Trace / Ruhavik / Gurtam / Flespi (etc), what needs to be done with a new consumer-oriented Ninebot Max G30 to track them? Judging by the photos, it appears that the TST100 connects with a metal zip tie at the base of the handlebar. The pictured handlebar appears to have a non-folding design and a 5-pin cable coming out of a hole, which I am assuming is a scooter intended for the B2B2C scooter sharing market, not consumer-purchased scooters.

I am assuming that a hole needs to be drilled in the base of the handlebar, with a connector wired somewhere between this point and a board installed somewhere in the Segway. Judging from the tear down videos I am aware that there will be some foam in the stem for waterproofing purposes that will need to be drilled through and then re-sealed. I also assume something might need to happen with the firmware on the scooter. There is also the question of the IoT SIMs, will Teltonika activate their global SIMs for accounts with <10 SIMs?

Would be keen to see this end-to-end as I am sure some folks could make a healthy business out of installing TST100s and providing monthly service for them. I've not been able to find any other tracker that comes close to this one in terms of functionality/suitability, assuming it can be made to work for the consumer version of this scooter with an appropriate cable and some minor electrical/physical work.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello.

TST100 designed to work with:

• Segway Ninebot ES4
  • Segway MAX
  • Xiaomi M365
  • Fitrider e-scooters
  • Hergele
  • Okai
Teltonika cannot guarantee correct operation with other devices