FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello, I installed a unit couple days ago, and I would like to get the configuration file from fota web how can I do it?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Log in to your FOTA Web account, Enter the device's IMEI code in the search bar (FOTA Web > Devices), Tick the box of the device in question, Click on Create Task (Task Type: Receive Configuration) then click on Create.

Afterward, go to Tasks, Input the device's IMEI code in the search bar. You may see in Status Name: Pending meaning that this device has a queued task that has to be executed. In order to execute it, device has to connect to FOTA Web. By default, devices are configured to connect periodically to FOTA Web every 12 hours unless you changed that period in the Teltonika Configurator > GPRS > FOTA Web Settings > Period (min). Another way to execute this task is to force the device to connect immediately to FOTA Web by sending SMS or GPRS Command "web_connect" to this unit.

SMS Command structure example:

• If you have set SMS login and password : login pass web_connect
  • If SMS login and password are not set, leave two spaces before command :   web_connect

Once the task is completed, you can download the received configuration file (.cfg) from FOTA Web > Tasks.

Let me know if you need any further information or direction.

Kind regards.