FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I rely on the total odometer value to calculate the amount of distance traveled by a vehicle on the current day by subtracting the total odometer reading of the first record of the day from the total odometer reading of the latest record, but I have noticed that the total odometer value tends to decrease sometimes instead of increasing which results into invalid values.
Do I need to do something more to ensure the total odometer value doesn't decrease or is there a better way of getting the distance traveled without using the total odometer reading?
Thanks.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello.

Which odometer I/O element is used for calculations, please provide AVL id.

What is your device firmware version ?

What is odometer calculation source in device configuration (Trip\Odometer settings) ?

Regards
Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,

I use the total odometer I/O element for calculations, AVL ID 16.

Firmware version: 03.27.07.Rev.00

Odometer calculation source: GNSS.

Thanks.
by anonymous
This is rather unlikely that odometer value decreases. Can you describe how you read this value, do you get it from the server ?

The only reason I could think that may cause it is not working static navigation.

Do you have static navigation enabled, if yes, how it is configured ?
by anonymous
I did not enable static navigation, could that be the cause?
If so, how would you recommend I configure it?
Thanks.
by anonymous
Hello.

It is always good to enable static navigation

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB920_System_settings#Static_Navigation_Settings

Device schould be configured, so that when it is not on move, static navigation is working.

Depending on current configuration, static navigation schould be configured to use movement or ignition source, or both sources.

What is device movement source and what is ignition source ?

Maybe you could paste screen from the configurator (system settings tab)

Regards
by anonymous

Here's a screenshot of the system settings tab, please check.
Thanks.

by anonymous
Thank you.

With provided settings, If DIN1 is connected to vehicle ignition wire, static navigation will work when there is no ignition (DIN1=0).

You could add accelerometer as movement source (Movement source = Ignition+Accelerometer)
by anonymous
Thank you very much.
I will monitor the total odometer value to see if this problem persists. I hope it won't.