FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
What should the current draw be for FMC125 in Online Deep Sleep?

I have checked mine and it is about 18mA which seems high to me. The spec says about 7mA..

GPS sleep gives me about 24mA.

Sleep OFF is about 40mA.

Also I cannot get the device to go into Deep Sleep>

Installed in a car, battery volts about 12.5V using a  fluke meter.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

Thank for your Query, 

As you mention, the values that you indicate are above specs. The best approach would be to check device performance and configuration

If you want to check your device performance, please contact your sales manager since we do not share firmware files/updater and other files in the community forum.

If you don't have any contacts with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill out the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle Telematics".

Or you can send an e-mail with a description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you 

by anonymous
Thanks for the info I have done that and will post back any progress made.
by anonymous

Recently had a phone call from Teltoniki regarding my problem. However the call quality was so bad that I could hardly make out what was said. Following the call I received an email with some links to check. That was the extent of the tech help! The email links took me to the wiki help pages that I had already studied. Unfortunately one of the links (to the downloads section) raised more questions than answers. Two documents were downloaded, one the FMC125 data sheet and the other was the Quick manual for the FMC125.

The data sheet states the Online Deep Sleep current as <12mA

The quick start manual states the Online Deep Sleep current is <7mA

Now which is it I ask. Does anyone know what exactly the current draw is?

I have to say I am little disappointed as the main reason for my purchase was the advertised low current draw in sleep mode, 7mA sold it to me.

by anonymous
Did some tests to measure the true sleep current in my workshop. Using a bench power supply and callibrated DVM to read the current, I get the following:

DEEP SLEEP MODE

Supply Volts    Current
10V             22mA
12V             20mA
14V             15mA
16V             16mA
18V             15mA
20V             14mA
22V             12mA
24V             12mA
26V             8mA
28V             8mA
30V             7mA

The claimed Deep sleep mode current from the tech pubs is 6.5mA. As you can see this is a long way from 20mA at 12 Volt.

Any one else checked to see what the sleep current flow really is?