FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello

i would like to install a FMM920 in a classic car (without OBD).

Is the function of the FMM920 will work ?

Is it possible to connect the digital input to the ignition wire (function immobilizer)  ? what is the best way to do it ?

thanks a lot for your support

jd

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Greetings!

Yes, the FMM920 will function well even without the OBD, you only need the OBD if you want to add an OBDII dongle to your FMM920 device.

For basic track and trace, you only need the ignition wire and the power.

Immobilizer for FMM920 is possible using BEACON as an authorization device because FMM920 does not support 1wire, to do this you only need to connect the ignition cable DIN1 to the ignition wire of the vehicle and install the relay connected to the DOUT of the vehicle, make sure that you have set the immobilizer functionality to LOW or HIGH to enable the feature.

There is also another method where you need to send GRPS or SMS command to activate and deactivate the DOUT on this option no need to enable the immobilizer functionality from the device, just install the relay and connect it to the DOUT. 

Reference: FMB920 Features settings - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

Best Regards,

Maynard C.

by anonymous
Many thanks for your answer.

when you say  "For basic track and trace, you only need the ignition wire and the power" --> you mean ground and power wire.

i will have a look at beacon.

regards
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes you are correct.

You only need the power and the ground wire.

If you want to install immobilizer you need the ignition wire and the beacon.

For the configuration check our wiki page.

1. Enable the immobilizer. set it to low or high priority.

2. Select DOUT.

3. for authorization choose beacon.

4. add the beacon ID in the beacon list so that only the registered beacon will deactivate the immobilizer.

Best Regards,

Maynard C.
by anonymous
Thanks a lot

i will and keep informed

regards