FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Where can I find a simple and understandable description of the data sent from the device to the server, along with an explanation? It's trying to decode the data and it's too hard... I use my own traccar server and it's hard for me to set attributes and alarms. I need to understand what the FMB920 server sees, how it is written, and what the specific values mean. I read the forum and the manual, but it is incomprehensible to me ...

I would like to write an attribute that will, based on the data from the FMB920, trigger an alarm that someone is trying to remove the device from the vehicle. Maybe such an attribute already exists?

I apologize for this number of questions. Your textbook is too extensive and hard to understand. The least understandable is the topic of device-server messages just described.

Ann

Will the FMB920 device in the absence of GSM coverage save data on the device and then after regaining the range send it to the server? If so, do I need to make any settings in the device configurator?

The device wakes up and starts when you sense the movement of the accelerometer. What information is then sent to the server?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Greetings

Where can I find a simple and understandable description of the data sent from the device to the server, along with an explanation?

FMB920 and other teltonika device is using codec 8 and codec 8 extended protocol  for data sending and codec 12 for sending GPRS command: Codec - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com).

It's trying to decode the data and it's too hard... I use my own traccar server and it's hard for me to set attributes and alarms. I need to understand what the FMB920 server sees, how it is written, and what the specific values mean. I read the forum and the manual, but it is incomprehensible to me . 

If you want to decode the data easily you can try to use the flespi server here you can get the RAW data and capture AVL parameters: https://flespi.io/#/panel/list/channels

I would like to write an attribute that will, based on the data from the FMB920, trigger an alarm that someone is trying to remove the device from the vehicle. Maybe such an attribute already exists?

Please check this wiki page for unplug detection: FMB920 Accelerometer Features settings - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

I apologize for the number of questions. Your textbook is too extensive and hard to understand. The least understandable is the topic of device-server messages just described.

If you want to analyze the data there is specific data FMB920 device and all other teltonika device uses AVL ID for a particular parameter here is the link : FMB920 Parameter list - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

Ann

Will the FMB920 device in the absence of GSM coverage save data on the device and then after regaining the range send it to the server? If so, do I need to make any settings in the device configurator?

While offline data will be stored on the flash memory , Once the device goes online it will send the data according to your settings it depends if you select Newest or Oldest.

link: FMB920 GPRS settings - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

The device wakes up and starts when you sense the movement of the accelerometer. What information is then sent to the server?

Yes if you enable the sleep mode the device will wake up and send the data to your server once the ignition or movement is detected by the device.

Here is the link: FMB920 Sleep modes - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

Note: If you need Teltonika Parser, UDP, and TCP listener please contact your sales manager ,If you don't have any contacts with our Sale managers, please contact with them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics". Or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Best Regards,

Maynard C.

by anonymous

Czy możesz mi wyjaśnić, jak łatwo jest dekodować dane w FLESPI? Zalogowałem się i niestety nie wiem jak obsłużyć tę stronę i gdzie wkleić log z serwera.

by anonymous

Hi Ann.

Please follow these steps.

1. Create a channel in Flespi.

2. On the protocol choose teltonika.

3. Name your channel and save it.

4. IP address will be available on your channel copy this IP and port and configure it to your device.

5. After creating a channel ( this will serve as your server) now add your device.

6. Go to device click the + button to add the device, and include the device type, and the device IMEI.

7. After adding the device now you should be able to receive data from it make sure that the simcard is working properly and you have configured the APN of your simcard.

8. From the devices click your device and go to messages from that Tab you will be able to see the parameters that you are able to get from the device. 

9. If you want raw data go to traffic to exact the raw data from a specific message. 

10. If you want to send a command go to command and settings, select create a new command , select codec 12 and type your command.

11. you will be able to see the raw data of the command from the flespi messages make sure that you click the traffic tab.

12. to analyzed the data make sure that you check our wiki page: Codec - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

13. Make sure that you analyzed it according to the device settings if your protocol is codec 8 you should parse it according to codec 8.

14. Parser will help you a lot to check  these data if you have contact with your sales manager you can ask a help from them to get this tool.

Best Regards,

Maynard C. 

0 votes
by anonymous

Thank you for your help. I was able to log in. I got the data: 

{"battery.current":0.057,"battery.voltage":4.099,"channel.id":11398xx,"device.id":46540xx,"device.name":"350544501041xxx (autocreated)","device.type.id":22,"engine.ignition.status":false,"event.priority.enum":0,"external.powersource.voltage":8 .869,"gnss.state.enum":1,"gnss.status":true,"gsm.mcc":260,"gsm.mnc":1,"gsm.operator.code":"26001","gsm.signal.level":100,"ident":"350544501041xxx","movement.status":false,"peer":"37.248.173.90:18945"," position.altitude":49,"position.direction":187,"position.hdop":0.7,"position.latitude":xx.020125,"position.longitude":xx.630997,"position.pdop":1,"position.satellites":14,"position.speed":5,"position.valid":true,"protocol.id":14,"server.timestamp":1664798816.724511,"timestamp":1664798798,"vehicle.mileage":6.547}

So I set the attributes in different configurations: 
if (event ==240 && io240 ==0) { "Move"; } else
if (event ==240 && io240 ==1) { "STOP"; } else { null; }
movement ==true ? "Move" :
movement ===false ? "STOP" :
false
if (event ==movement.status && movement.status ==0) { "Move"; } else
if (event ==movement.status && movement.status ==1) { "STOP"; } else { null; }
Unfortunately, none of these are correct. In the GPRS data sent to the server, I did not notice, for example, the movement of the accelerometer. I will honestly say that I am replacing devices with Teltonika, but I did not think that I would have so much work and nerves to set them up... Do you have any ready-made attributes?
by anonymous

Hi Ann

I think there is a problem with the configuration of your device.

Because we have a different source for ignition and movement, and also we have a static navigation filter that you need to consider. 

Please start from this page: FMB920 Configuration - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

If you need some training or help please contact your sales manager or create a VIP ticket.

Best Regards,

Maynard C.