FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello,

I need to use Teltonika Eye sensors and beacons for a project to track tools in a factory. I want to select the right model of FMB device which would receive data from eye sensor/beacon and transmit to the server effectively. 

Could you please clarify if the BLE transmission range is same across FMB910/FMB920 and FMB120/FMB125? Will the bluetooth connectivity work exactly same across all devices with the same firmware?

I found this FAQ (mentioned below) where it is mentioned that tests were done by using FMB1YX trackers AND maximum range will also depend on the quality of the receiving device antenna. 

"What is the BLE transmission range of BTS devices?

According to the tests done by us using FMB1YX trackers: the detection range in an open field in real conditions for the EYE Beacon/Sensor was 80 to 100m. Take note that the maximum range will also depend on the quality of the receiving device antenna."

So my question is if I use FMB910 or FMB920, would it work in the same way and does FMB910/FMB920 have the same antenna as FMB120/FMB125?

Please clarify.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Greeting!

Yes FMB125 and FMB920 are using the same module and same antenna for Bluetooth, they will work the same way.

Best Regards,

Maynard C.