FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

When you state the average power consumption for the different sleep modes in the products datasheet, what is the frequency of transmissions assumed into those calculations?

Is that average based in the default static frequency of one data acquisition / transmission per hour (min period=3600 / Min saved Records =1 and Send Period = 120)  or are you using a different transmission parameters? 

Taking tha information from FMC130 datasheet as an example :

Power consumption At 12V < 3 mA (Ultra Deep Sleep)
At 12V < 5 mA (Deep Sleep)
At 12V < 16 mA (Online Deep Sleep)
At 12V < 18 mA (GPS Sleep)
At 12V < 33 mA (nominal with no load)
At 12V < 2A Max. (with full Load / Peak)

I can estimate it could run on in it's 170mAh battery for an order of magnitude of 30 hours on Deep Sleep, but if I report position only once per day, would it be possible the battery last for a week or so or it will also die after 30 hours regardless of the data transmission frequency?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

These are the values of the current consumption at 12 V in the individual sleep modes.

Data transmission frequency is not included.

So each time the device wakes up, it will have an impact on the battery consumption.

Best regards
by anonymous
Thanks for the response, but it is not yet addressing my specific question.....if you can please clarify the following:

The average consumptions reported in the data sheet is factoring any data transmission in those averages?  

If so at which frequency?
If not, are those just standby consumption figures with no data transmission at all?

Regards,
Mario.
by anonymous
Hi

Data transmission frequency is not included to consumption during sleep modes.