FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi Sir, we have a TELTONIKA FMB001 OBD, and we need make a firmware update for the read VIN number, can you tell us how is the procedure?

regards

Waldo

2 Answers

0 votes
by

You mean to do FW update because the FW version you have on the device - does not have VIN IO element available?

FW update on any FMB device can be done either via:

by
Thanks Oceanfly, i made the FW upgrade, but i dont see the VIN number, any suggest?

regards

Waldo
by anonymous 1 flag
I need to upgrade firmware too.

Where can i download latest firmware?

How to acces to FOTA WEB?
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Waldo Reinaga Joffre,

VIN number sending as IO element was introduced in firmware version 03.16.04.Rev.00, which was not yet approved as release version. Thats why it is not on our FTP. Current latest version available on request is 03.17.00, please ask your sales manager to send you this version.

PS: VIN IO element is sent to server in codec 8 extended protocol. So in order to receive it, you have not just to enable desired IO element, but also enable codec8 extended in system tab of configurator. Also make sure the server you use, supports it.