FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hi Team,

We had recently purchased a FMC001 device which when we connected via USB to the PC showed as 'Not supported' in Teltonika Configurator. It had an earlier version of the firmware and as such we had scheduled a task in FOTA WEB. The tasks remain pending even after 12 hours. Both LEDS are blinking at 1Hz. We tried sending SMS commands for immediate connection to the FOTA WEB but that fails too. 

Not Supported:

FOTA WEB Update pending:

Is there any other way in which the firmware update can be done? Also what would be your recommendations with regards to the next steps in resolving the issue. 

Regards, 
Joseph

by anonymous
I have seen this problem when the connecting cable to the laptop is faulty.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Joseph,

Good day. Thank you for your detailed explanation of the question.

There are several ways to update the firmware but from what I can see, the device is at hand, which means an OTA update would not be necessary. You may either use the Configurator (in this case, the device uses an older FW which isn't supported by the newer Configurator) or a Firmware Updater. Therefore, I would suggest going with the latter, as it will be more suitable for your case.

To receive firmware files, updater, and documentation on devices, please contact your sales manager/distributor as we do not share firmware files/updater and other files in the community forum.  If you don't have any contacts with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" icon. When you will click, please fill out the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with the description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards.