FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Dear Sirs

I am reading the data from the OBDII port of a car with an arduino.

Now I want to send them through the RS232 port to the serial port of a teltonika tracker , and from there to the monitoring platform . Is it possible?  Is it possible to assign priorities ( Low, High) to the data coming in the arduino frame , something like in the GPS I/O configuration ? 

Is it possible to configure the frequency (seconds) of sending frames from the arduino to the server?

For the monitoring platform is transparent if the OBDII parameters sent by the teltonika come from an external device , as in this case from an Arduino , from any of the I / O signals or from any parameter of the GPS itself ? Does the server give them the same treatment?

In my project it is necessary that the information from the Arduino is somehow associated with that sent by the GPS.

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to send data through RS232 to Teltonika tracker and to the monitoring platform. It is possible to assign priority to the whole arduino frame regardless of the data what it is inside. To prioritize the arduino frame would need deeper investigation of the data that it is coming.

Yes it is possible you configure the frequency of sending frames(records), since RS232 would be packed with I/O elements.

All packet would be in HEX, server should follow the communication protocol to receive the incoming data and then software deals with treatment.

If you would like to consult more about your case please reach out via HELPDESK on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards.

by anonymous

Thank you very much for the information

Regards