FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi there Teltonika,

I wonder if you are also able to answer the following question for me please?

I have a 2014 Audi A8 4H to which I have fitted your FMC130 and CAN-CONTROL IMMO and most functions seem to be working as expected.

I notice from the Supported Vehicle List that Factory Alarm is supported but Factory Alarm Control is not and I wondered what the difference in functionality between the two functions are?

Something that I have always wanted is to be notified by the FMC/CAN when the Audi factory alarm has been triggered which seems to me a function that should be supported. Is there a way to achieve this please?

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

For that vehicle there is flag "Status of the car locked with the factory remote control" available.

Please check our Wiki Security State Flag description:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMC130_CAN_adapters#CAN_Adapter_State_Flags

Regards
by anonymous

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yeah I read the info in the link that you supplied but there is a lot of info in there and most of it makes no sense to me I'm afraid! frown

'Status of the car locked with the factory remote control' is not the same as 'notify when alarm has been activated' but it looks like one of the following could be what I am looking for;

0x40 – factory installed alarm system is actuated (is in panic mode)

0x02 – factory installed alarm is active

Just need how to figure out what the difference is between P2 and P4 and how I get the FMC130 to notify me immediately one or both of these are triggered I guess?

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-