FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by
I have FMB 920 and FMB001. Sometime  server receive telegram with with wrong time. Location coordinates are from trip where car was ~30min ago, but DateTime stamp are from  sent time. How to resolve this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

This is most likely a problem of GPS. I.e. GPS modules sometimes acquire/calculate bad time according to GPS satellites.

To combat this problem if you are getting it, I would recommend:

1. to use 03.18.16  FW it had such fix/change:
"Changed Time synchronization will be excuted only by configured source."

How it worked previously to this change?
Time synchronization was _always_ being performed according to GPS if GPS fix was acquired. And this sometimes (in some customer situations) -> was generating BAD timestamp.
So we changed this "device time updating" to work ONLY according to "System->time synchronization" settings.
I.e. if configured that time sync shall be done only from nitz/ntp/nitz+ntp (i.e. GPS is not selected) -> then device will do so.
And hopefully time synchronizaton via NITZ/NTP services should fix the problem.
Just dont forget to set NTP resync (h) parameter to atleast 1. Because if set to 0 - then device will not sync time at all. This parameter actually works for both: NTP/NITZ (will be renamed in future confgurator). I.e will be "NTP/NITZ Resync (h)".

2. change System->time synchronization parameter to be either: NITZ+NTP or NTP or NITZ only. Do not use GPS. Some other customers have complained that in some situations.
Devices have incorrect time, and after analysis we concluded that its most likely due to GPS modue calculating/acquiring bad GPS time from satellites.

Regards
by anonymous
OK, where I can find latest firmware?

Dzintars
by anonymous

Take 03.18.16

FMB9XY
Link: http://teltonika.lt/client/
user: FMB9XY
pass: 220B9XX

Regards