FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello there,

Good day. Thank you for your question.

Please elaborate on your question, are you looking for the SMS command to change the CAN IO speed limits on FMB140? If yes, then the command is as follows:

With login and password : <login><space><password><space>setparam 45103:low limit;45102:high limit

Without login and password : <space><space>setparam 45103:low limit;45102:high limit

If you are sending via GPRS then you may skip the login, password, and <space>.

For more parameter lists, refer here - https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB140_Parameter_list

If you are referring to CAN 1 in specific, then FMB140 does not have a CAN1 interface as it has a built-in CAN adapter.

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards.
by anonymous
Thanks for your response.

I would like to set it to 250kb/s. Similar to this link https://community.teltonika-gps.com/17307/can-i-change-can-1-%26-2-speed-with-sms-command-fmb-640
by anonymous
Hello there,

Good day. Thank you for your reply.

As mentioned earlier, FMB140 does not have an external CAN interface so we do not connect FMB140 to  tachograph, in some schemes we do connect it to FMS, therefore this option is not available on FMB140 or any other FMB1XY. That is why there is no parameter ID to set the CAN bus speed.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Kind regards.
by anonymous

So which device would you recommend to change CANBUS speed? Can the FMB640 work?

Also what do you mean by "we do not connect FMB140 to FMS or tachograph"

I thought it can work with FMS by scanning the canbus on the vehicle. I have tested this with a Scania.

Also, any way to reduce the can speed, be it via firmware update or something. I understand the device is currently at 500kb and would want it to be 250kb.

Thanks

by anonymous

Hello there,

Thank you for your reply.

My apologies for the confusion in my previous comment. FMB140 has an in-built CAN adapter and FMB1XY uses external CAN adapters which are connected according to the schemes provided by us and the device is configured with a correct program number to work with a specific vehicle. There is no option to set CAN speeds for these devices as there is no need for that. In some schemes CAN adapter can be shown to be connected to the green FMS connector so depends on the vehicle. If it's a truck, the CAN adapter is usually connected to the FMS wires (Green connector directly or wires that go to FMS connector). So usually how it works is that you will need the schemes and program number (also in the scheme) after you make a connection, you should be receiving parameters that are supported on this vehicle according to the scheme or supported vehicle's list. Some trucks will have a connection to the FMS, so in that case, the FMB140 will require such a connection to get the parameters. 

If you would like to configure the CAN speed, I will suggest using FMB640 instead as it has this option to select from 500 kb/s to 250 kb/s. Additionally, if you need more parameters or if the truck doesn't have FMS then you will need to have an external CAN adapter connected to the FMB640. FMB640 can be connected to Tachograph and FMS connecter and it has a configurable CAN speed. If you are connecting the CAN adapter to a vehicle then please contact your Sales manager so we can provide you with the schemes if we have for that specific vehicle and the program number, or suggestions if the vehicle is unsupported. If you don't have any contacts with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with the description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Hope this clears your doubt.

Kind regards.

by anonymous
Well noted but my request is simple. The change can happen on firmware level. I would wish to have the same as a firmware file on 250kb so I can update one device and do the test with the FMB140.
by anonymous

Hello there,

Good day. Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the firmware change, please reach out to us on VIP Helpdesk or contact your Sales Manager.  If you don't have any contacts with our Sales managers, please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with the description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Kind regards.