FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Dear Teltonika Support,

I have a question, currently I had integrated a Technoton device with tracker FMB640 through its wires CAN1 and the configuration I did with MANUAL CAN IO

My question is if it’s possible that I can work with the second wire CAN ( CAN 2) connecting it with any CAN adapter to read the data of the vehicle too.

It means that I want to work with both CAN wires (CAN 1, CAN 2) at the same time. The first will work with MANUAL CAN IO and the second with LVCAN.

Would be possible? Or maybe not.

Kind Regards.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello

It is not possible to connect CAN adapter to FMB640 via CAN wires. CAN adapter is connected to FMB640 with dedicated USB cable.

Regards

by anonymous
Hi Janusz,

So I could have both devices (Flowmeter and CAN adapter) connected in the same teltonika tracker and them would work well rigth?

Flowmeter connected directly to wire CAN 1 and adapter CAN connected to mini USB port.

Please your confirmation.   

Regards.
by anonymous
Hello.

If you can read data from your flowmeter via manual CAN, then yes, you could use flowmeter and CAN adapter.

Regards
by anonymous

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your reply and I have another question.

Forget us by a moment of the flowmeter, Is it possible read the data of a vehicle only connecting directly the wires Can 1 of the tracker teltonika with the wires Can of the vehicle?  The vehicle that I want to read is a Subaru Outback 2016

or neccesarily I would have that acquire the can adaptador.

If is possible to do directly please I would appreciate your technical support to achieve it

Kind Regards.

by anonymous
Hello

It would be not possible, because FMB640 reads CAN J1939, which is used in trucks. For passanger vehicle you need LV-CAN200 or ALL-CAN300 adapter.