FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I'm using Teltonika Trackers FMB204 (Rebranded by a UK supplier) complete with monthly subscription (£5 per month) including mobile app and web access.

I think the product and service they supply is very good and reasonable cost.

The problem I have, is I want to change configuration settings in the tracker myself using the Teltonika Configurator app, but they don't want to let me have access to the keyword to do this. They are mostly concerned that I mess with the settings and cause them more support time among other things.

If allowed, I could just download the settings from the tracker (bluetooth or USB) and restore them if I screwed anything up.

I am technically minded and like to have advanced control of devices that I own for firmware upgrades, new features, and generally making things work better for my situation.

Am I asking too much?

To be fair the UK company I am using is pretty good and I can change subscription providers and they would unlock the tracker. But what other companies in the UK would offer this service (SIM & mobile app subscription only) and are reliable?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Fredkruger,

Good day. Thank you for the question.

For the keyword, you will need to check with your distributor/supplier to provide you with the credentials. The keyword is usually set by the owners of the devices for security purposes.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards.