FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Colleages,

I know that the FM42 devices are EOL long time ago but we have plenty of them and they are doing well.

We cannot get Driver's ID using Broadcast multi-packet message.

We have created two I/O properties: CAN8 for TP.CM Broadcas announce messages and CAN9 for TP.DT data packets as follows.

The problem is that we are receiving every time the same BAM message but only for Vehicle ID : FE EC FF 03 00 12 20

The FMS version of the truck 02.00, tracker connected to FMS connector and card is inserted in tachograph.

What we are doing wrong here? Please point us to the right direction. 

Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi

I don't have any experience with tachograph, From my understanding it will send the driver's ID through FMS.

In your CAN configuration, the source address in the CAN ID (Last byte) should not be FF, It must be the source address of the tachograph.

If you don't know the source address, Mask that byte by using 00, So your Mask ID will be FF FF FF 00.

Another important thing is, The maximum time interval between two TP.DT messages will be 200 milliseconds, Teltonika couldn't able to capture these all messages.

How many bytes are there in Driver's ID data ? If it's seven or less, there will be only one TP.DT message, that you can capture with correct CAN ID configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen