FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hi Has anyone got an Inateck BCST-70 barcode scanner working with a Bluetooth tracker? Which tracker(s)? and firmware version(s)?

I've tried FMC125 running firmware 03.27.02 rev03 with the reccomended settings. Scanner connects to tracker but does not send reports to server. FMU125 does not connect to scanner with the same settings.

Are there any extra settings needed more than scanner set to SPP mode, ENTER as suffix. FMC125 set to Bluetooth Enable (visible), connection mode Inateck Scanner, External Name BCST-70.

Any advice or information mainly for FMC125 would be much appreciated as this system needs to be working very soon.

Bill

by anonymous

Hi Has anyone got an Inateck BCST-70 barcode scanner working with a Bluetooth tracker? Which tracker(s)? and firmware version(s)?...

Yes, it is working.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Bill, 

Good day. Thank you for your question.

May I know if you have enabled the Data Protocol - Codec 8 Extended in the Configurator (Configurator > System > Data Protocol > Codec 8 Extended)? If not, kindly enable this and monitor on your server-side if you are receiving any AVL ID 264 (Barcode ID) because a new record will be generated on every data portion received from the scanner via SPP. Data will be stored with AVL ID 264, variable data length, max length is 32 bytes. (refer here for more information on AVL ID's - https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB_AVL_ID)

Inateck Scanner – FMBxxx automatically connects to Inateck BT Barcode Scanner BCST-70 and will be ready to receive data (coded in barcode). The scanner must be configured for using “ENTER” as the suffix. FMBxxx supports online and inventory mode. A new record will be generated on every data portion received from the scanner via SPP. Data will be stored with AVL ID 264, variable data length, max length is 32 bytes. Added from FW version 03.16.00.Rev.00+. (refer to the link - https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMC125_Bluetooth_settings)

Please also check that in the configurator (Bluetooth) you have enabled as the following:

For the part on Barcodes to enable "enter" as Stop code, please refer as below:

For more information on this, you may refer to the complete manual at https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0485/3766/5699/files/BCST-70_Complete_Manual-V3_EN.pdf?v=1609827395

Please go through this and let me know if it helps.

Kind regards.

by

Hi Vivek

Thanks for your detailed response. 

Codec 8 Extended is enabled.

In the information what does 'coded in barcode' mean? >> FMBxxx automatically connects to Inateck BT Barcode Scanner BCST-70 and will be ready to receive data (coded in barcode).

The enter as stop is default and still enabled as well as suffix set to enter.

From the FMC125 log file

[2021.01.20 08:20:38]-[BT.EVT] Discovered new device:[BCST-70-2007291DB3] BT ADDR:{21:20:07:29:1D:B3}

[2021.01.20 08:20:38]-[BT.EVT] Disovering Done!

[2021.01.20 08:20:39]-[BT] Connected BT ADDR:{21:20:07:29:1D:B3}

[2021.01.20 08:20:48]-[CMD.DEBUG] Command not found! From:3 (9319236737217)

The log appears to be showing the scanner connects OK and the scan data 9319236737217 is getting received from the scanner but not sent to the server. What does 'Command not found! From:3' inform us is wrong?

Have you got a BCST-70 connected and working? What tracker and firmware please?

Best regards

Bill

by anonymous

Hello Bill, 

Good day. Thank you for your reply.

May I also know if you have enabled the BT status in your CFG (Configurator > I/O > BT status > Low)? If not yet, then kindly enable this parameter and check again.

Also, "coded in barcode" means that the scanner can start reading from the barcodes. 

Ideally, I would suggest that you raise a ticket via VIP Helpdesk so we can analyze this in detail if you are still having issues receiving any data on your server. If you do not have an account on VIP Helpdesk then kindly contact your Distributor or Sales Manager at https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. Kindly submit the form and select the topic as Vehicle Telematics. Alternatively, you can send an e-mail with the description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards.

0 votes
by
For others wanting to use Inateck BCST-70 scanner with Teltonika Bluetooth trackers....

Set BCST-70 to SPP mode and include ENTER as suffix.

To get the scanner to Bluetooth auto connect appears to require FW 3.27 for FMC125. 3.25 does not auto connect.

In Configurator IO settings make sure BT Status is enabled to send the scanner records to a server. This is not documented.

I'm still trying to get details of the ID:264 record format for Wialon to implement support for ID:264 barcode data.

Bill