FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hey,

I have a lot of this device,
I want this devices send data to some others End-point (other subdomain)
I change domain name in device to abc.comapny.com
but not working,
I don't resolve any data
Be the Way I want to know how APN works? and how send data

also want know if abc.company.com equal company.com ?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

FM11XM!! Are you sure that the device name is related to Teltonika products?

In General, before you added the domain name, Did you use the IP address of your gateway "App Server" and the device was sending payloads normally? If yes, Did you assign the server IP address to your subdomain in your Control panel of the Domain Register panel, means, Are you sure that the IP address indicates to a subdomain and vice versa?

APN is the Access Point Name of your Internet Service Provider who providing you SIM Cards with an Internet connection where it enables your device to be connected to the internet, please contact your SIM Cards provider and ask for APN settings, please be sure that your APN settings on the device are configured properly.

If the above info. is not enough for you to solve the problem, please take a snapshot of your configuration to GPRS Section or upload the device configuration file for review,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

Best answer
by

Hey, Thank you for replay!

BTW, I want to know about domain field 

I use gps-server.net software, 

I create new sub-domain for do some testing, I upload software and configration all thing and site working very well!!

now I want to link device with new domain , I configurator device to new domain "abc.company.com", 

but I don't received data in new domain, just In original domain, 

My asking about if "abc.company.com" equal "company.com" in device?

by anonymous

Hello,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Based on your snapshot, you add in this field either IP address "Public IP Address of your App Server" or you can write down the domain name as it without space at the beginning or at the end. Please be sure that:

1. You add the sub-domain correctly in the domain field in the configurator "please don't use Copy/Cut Paste method"
  2. Sub-domain indicates to your server where your application and gateway installed.
  3. APN settings are correct and not dedicated to a specific server.
  4. Your application socket is running and ready to Listen and receive data from trackers.
  5. Port 11900 is open on your server.
  6. SIM Card has internet connectivity and has a data package.

Regarding your question, abc.company.com IS NOT equal to www.company.com, www.company.com is your primary domain, but abc.company.com is an add-on to your primary domain, for example, you can have two different websites, www.company.com is your company main website, and abc.company.com is your Fleet Management solution platform.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil