FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi, I consider buying a long term GPS logger. FMC640 and FMB640 with SD card looking promising for my needs. Main purpose will be data analyse, graphical route and profile display... Continuous logging periode will be from some months to more than one year.
As far as I understood, Teltonika devices use NMEA-183 protocol. I'm familiar with this syntax. But how does a log file actually look like? I want to export the data to some route mapping software or google earth or something like this.

It would be really helpful to me, if anyone could upload or send a sample file for thaat I could have a closer look on it. (e.g. on wetransfer.com for free with self delete after 7 days.)

Thanks in advance!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
No one? I just like to know how a log file looks like and how I can convert it to gpx, kml or some format like this.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Ichgebgas,

Good day. Thank you for your question.

Yes, you are correct, we use NMEA 0183 protocol but for only NMEA logs you will need to filter out other information from our log files.

Unfortunately, we do not share the log files on the community forum. However, we can share it with you personally but you will need to raise a ticket on VIP Helpdesk or contact your Distributor/Sales Manager to assist you with the ticket. If you do not have any contact with our Sales Manager then you may reach us at our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with the description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards.