FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
hi i have a fmb204 tracker but cannot get the configuration sostware to find it. i have installed the drivers, but when I look in device manger in the PORT(COM &LPT) all I see is USB serial device (COM3) and no mention of a modem port

thanks

steven
by
I have also installed ms .net framework and rebooted the pc

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you have installed the drivers. Then it should be detected and in device manager under PORT(COM &LPT) should appear STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Ports (COM*)

If this doesn't appear, then try connecting to another PC USB port or use another cable.

If that appear in device manager, then there is a possibility, that COM3 is in use for another program and it doesn't let configurator to detect your device. Try to change port number via Device Manager -> Right mouse click on STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Ports (COM*) -> Properties -> Port settings -> Advanced... -> COM Port number

Best regards.

by
Hi

The only time ports (com & lpt) appears in device manager is when I plug in the tracker. The only device listed in there is USB Serial Device (COM 30) (I have changed this in properties from com 4)

I have tried other USB ports and leads even a different pc but it still will not detect

one thing I have realised is that it is not a FMB204 it is a FMA204 tracker. Is this the problem? Do they both need different drivers and configurator? I cannot find any drivers or configurator for the FMA204 can you please post a link to the driver and configurator so that I know I have the correct one?

Thanks

Steven
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, FMA and FMB devices use different configurators.

Configurator can be downloaded from this link:

Link: http://teltonika.lt/client/
user: FMA1XY
pass: FMA1Y323

For FMA devices, configurators should be used with the specific firmware version. If you use Firmware 01.27.27, then you should use configurator 1.1.27.5

0 votes
by
Hello,

Switch off power supply, disconnect usb cable and  internal battery . Connect device to different usb port and power it up. Make sure FMBxx configurator is correct for the Firmware our fmb204 is running .

Thanks