FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

I added the first DS18S20 sersor to FBM204 device. I did nothing else. 

• 1) The Mobile App shows the Dallas Temperature 1: 19.7'C and Dallas Temperature ID 0xEC000803A3FD....
  • 2) The sms commands readio 72 return value 0 and readio 76 return value: 0x0000000000000000

Can I add Dallas sersor without PC configurator using only text messages and what command I need?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What is the version of the used firmware in this device?

Please send this SMS command to your devices and update me with the result: <login><space><password><space>getparam<space>12450

Yes, You can configure the device using the SMS command, but surely it will be hard to configure the whole device parameters using SMS, but for the specific features, it can be done. A good way to add new and/or edit the configuration of a tracker where has many parameters is to use the PC configurator.

Please provide me the required information in order to go forward with your problem.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

by
it is almost done to configure my FMB204. only this dallas temperature sensor is missing

the firmware version is 03.25.15 Rev 32

getparam 12450 gives Value:0
by anonymous

Hello,

Did you send getparam command while the sensor connected to the tracker? If your answer is yes, please send these commands in sequence and give me back the result, "before sending the second command, please wait for 60 seconds after you receive the SMS response of the first command"

1. Add Tempereture Sensor ID: <login><space><password><space>setparam<space>12450<space>Sensor ID without 0x
  2. Check Temperature result: <login><space><password><space>readio<space>72

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

0 votes
by

Hi Mahmoud, 

I did this, but I still have same problem:

setparam 12450:EC000803A3FDxxxx

• Newvalue 12450:EC000803A3FDxxxx

wait 60secs

getparam 12450

• Param ID:12450 Value:EC000803A3FDxxxx

readio 72

• IO ID 72 Value 0

readio 76

• IO ID:76 Value 0x0000000000000000

cpureset and more wait didn't make any changes
all ID's between 72-79 are zero value

And mobile app shows 

• "Dallas Temperature 1: 20.3'C"
  • "Dallas Temperature 1 ID: 0xEC000803A3FDxxxx"

Regards
juha

by anonymous

Hello,

Ok, great. Now, I need you to connect one temperature sensor to this tracker, then I would like to try something else, please send the below commands in sequence and give me back the result (While the sensor is connected to the tracker)

PS: "before sending the second command, please wait for 60 seconds after you receive the SMS response of the first command"

1. Add Tempereture Sensor ID: <login><space><password><space>setparam<space>12450<space>1
  2. Check Temperature result: <login><space><password><space>readio<space>72

Regarding the mobile application, the device reads the sensor data automatically after the sensors are connected, but to receive data to the server, we have to make sure that the appropriate I/O elements (Dallas Temperature #1 / Dallas Temperature ID #1) are enabled in I/O section.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

0 votes
by

Hi again Mahmoud,

no luck:

getparam 12450

• Param ID:12450 Value: EC000803A3FDxxxx

setparam 12450 1

• ERR: Bad Syntax

setparam 12450:1

• WARNING: Not supported Param ID or Value detected

readio 72

• IO ID:72 Value:0

getparam 12450

• Param ID:12450 Value: EC000803A3FDxxxx

by anonymous

Hello,

I expected this result, my last try will be by activating the I/O elements in the I/O section by SMS using the below commands:

1. Enable Dallas Temperature 1: <login><space><password><space>setparam<space>50310<space>1

2. Enable Dallas Temperature ID 1: <login><space><password><space>setparam<space>50350<space>1

PS: "Please Make sure that the getparam 12450 result is sensor ID"

If you can connect the device to a PC, I prefer to take the snapshot for 1-wire and I\O section in the configurator screen or upload the saved configuration on the device in order to recognize where is the main issue in our SMS commands.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

by

Great, it helps !!

readio 72

• IO ID:72 Value 191

and mobile app says: 19.1'C

Mahmoud, many thanks to you

Regards
juha

by anonymous

Hello,

Sounds good, in order to have the actual value of temperature, you need to multiply the received value with 0.1, so 191 * 0.1 = 19.1 C.

Best of Luck and thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud A.M Khalil

by
Great, thanks, this has helped me as well!