FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I receive the message "Operation time out" when configuring the FM5300.

The Firmware is 1.7.8 and configurator version 1.1.7.57.

I tried to update the firmware using the latest updater from on the Teltonika website but after reboot, the firmware version remains 1.7.8 while updater says 1.7.79 is the version available.

Could the configurator and firmware be incompatible or is it the terminal that is now out of use?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello Cedric,

Good day. Thank you for the question.

It appears that you will need to update the firmware manually using the latest configurator however, we do not share firmware files/updater and other files in the community forum. To receive firmware files, updater and documentation on devices, please contact your sales manager.

If you don't have any contacts with our Sales managers, please contact with them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you for contacting us.

Kind regards.
by anonymous

Hello Vivek,

Unfortunately, we do not have a sales manager with teltonika.

We had the FM5300 Terminals kept in the store for a while and now we are trying to use them. The only issue preventing us from doing so is the firmware and configurator.

Firmware and configurator for the FM5300 was downloaded from Teltonika Drive as mentioned at the bottom of the device description page. 

Therefore, if possible, i would like to know the procedure to update the firmware manually.

Kind regards.

by anonymous

Hello Cedric,

Good day. Thank you for the reply.

The Teltonika Drive that you shared above does have the latest configurator and firmware but you mentioned that you are unable to update it. There are other options that we can suggest to update the devices but it would require a remote session from our side. This is because we do not share firmware files/updater and other files in the community forum.  

In order for us to assist you, my suggestion is that you reach out to our Sales Managers at our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button, fill in the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics" or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt

Thank you for your understanding. Have a nice day.

Kind regards.

by
Is it a cheap way from teltonika to force users buy new models ?? they are designing the firmware as time bomb where all devices should be replaced , they well be replaced but sure not from teltonika any more

they did that before in FM4200 , "they said to me  it is a discontinued device we dont support it " ok dont support it with spare parts but dont remotely damage it as well , i wish i were in Europe to litigate you in court for this
0 votes
by anonymous
It's really weird that you release the latest version of the FW publicly, and it becomes a blocbox after the drive is updated.
I don't like these policies and I don't like access to FW and SW devices.
by anonymous