FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
I have a button connected to Digital Input 2, and i want the device(FMB120) to send a SMS text to a predefined GSM number if button is not pushed, but i didn't get this logic working properly. Current configuration of DIN2 parameters are following: Priority = High; Operand: On Entrance; High Level = 0; Low Level = 0; Event Only = 0; Input 2 Average = 10;

Send SMS = some gsm number ; SMS TexT= unauthorized access;

Is there a way to implement this logic or for example to have a predefined time period in  which  if the button isn't pusshed  DIN2 will send  an SMS to number.

I've looked through your FMB1XY manual and over the internet but haven't found any useful solution yet, which is why i'm writing this here.

Hope you have an idea. Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

There is no way to put time interval and then check for specific value.

The way it is configured now is that high priority record is generated when DIN 2 changes states, meaning button gets pressed then unpressed.

We do have other methods of authorization, more intuitive. Having predefined time period in which button has to be pressed in order to authorize driver does not seem reliable in two ways, what if vehicle is not used for extended period of time? And by just pressing button on the server side You will not know if the driver is really the one who is authorized. Unless button is hidden and only authorized people know where it is, then that would in a way make sense.

But then if it is like that. You could configure an event on the server side to check for values like ignition and movement and state of DIN2, if vehicle started moving and the button was not pressed since the start of the ignition, then You have unauthorized driving. Our device can send many parameters which on the server side could be interpreted in many ways.

Best Regards