FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi, let me understand if this can be achieved. After reading description and conditions under "deep sleep" I think it is impossible but maybe I'm missing something:

- Vehicle is In Movement and sending info
- Vehicle stops and after 60 seconds is no longer Moving but On Stop

The thing I would love to happen is to send some "on stop" messages to the server and then enter Deep Sleep. BUT, as long as I understand, sending messages will keep the GPRS channel open, so it won't go to deep sleep. The point is, in my server, after configuring deep sleep, I never see the device "stopped".

Right now the connection timeout is 5min and deep sleep is 6min, with an on stop min period much larger than that. But I suppose than if I shorten the on stop min period under 5min (let's say 4), the connection will never timeout and then, it will never enter deep sleep.

Could you help me?
by anonymous
Did you ever figure this out?

I have a very similar (identical?) question: https://community.teltonika-gps.com/21203/sleep-mode-with-open-data-link

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please provide some screenshots from the configurator: System Tab, Data Acqusuition. 

What is your device firmware version ?

We will try to verify your case

Thank you

by
Adam, thank you! I will in a while, but I haven't tested it yet. If I wanted to achieve this (reporting moving, then reporting on stop, then deep sleep) what will the correct setup be? My firmware version is 03.25.15.Rev.32
by anonymous
The device will be able to enter deep sleep mode when the conditions are met and depending on your configuration.

One of them is confirmation that the vehicle has stopped.

Description is here

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/MTB100_Sleep_modes#Deep_Sleep_mode

One of them is confirmation that the vehicle has stopped.

Best Regards
by

Yes, I know, but others are:

• Data socket(s) are closed;
  • Min. Record Saving Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) must be larger than Open Link Timeout parameter, so that MTB100 could close GPRS link
Given that, I don't know if I can get an "on stop" record before going sleep. Could you please suggest a config?
If I lower data adquisition min under on stop, below 5 minutes, data socket is always open, and if I put it in between 5 and 6 minutes, it will setup a new socket before going to sleep.
But this is all what I suppose, expert help needed :)
Thank you!
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

I don't have complete knowledge about the configuration of your device. However, it seems to me that setting the Operand => ,,On change" for the parameters Movement and Ignition in the Tab I/O should fix your problem. You will get an additional record after changing the value for Ignition (DIN1) and Move (accelerometer afetr 60 s). In the next step the device after the other  conditions are met, it will go into Deep Sleep Mode.

Please verify it

Best Regards

by
I already have this configured, from the beginning. Maybe I'm missing something. I bet, without putting it to deep sleep, it will work as intended, registering everything, but I also think it goes to sleep before registering things like being stopped...

I will keep trying :/