FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Dear Teltonika, out scenario is the typical rent platform, where customers log into the car using the smartphone. We are planning to install onboard something like FMB120 device. Standard behavior authorize customer over the network, checking him on the server before to open doors and switch on the engine.

The problem comes when network coverage is not available: we are thinking to connect smartphone by bluetooth with FMB120 and open doors and engine in that way. We know that authentication can be done with MAC and PIN, but MACs addresses are not enough and PIN authentication it is not so strong.

Excluding RFID, because we cant deliver cards to thousands of customers, there is another way to strong authenticate customer using his smartphone connected via bluetooth with FMB120 (or other device)?

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Could you please elaborate on this solution?

As I understand authorization is done on the server side. Customer logs into the car using smartphone, can you detail how are you planning to achieve this? Because information you provided is vague, as I need to get a better understanding of full solution.

Once customer logs into the car its ID gets sent to the server where it gets confirmation and if it is authorized vehicle will be unlocked, you did not mentioned using CAN CONTROL adapter or relay with immobilizer scenario, so I am assuming you use other means to accomplish this?

And when network is not available server will not be able to authorize anyone, because no Data will be sent to the server. So you want FMB120 to do the authorizing part, yes?

Please provide your solution in greater detail.

As for Bluetooth functionality on FMB120 you can read information about it on Our Wiki.

BT 3.0: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB120_Bluetooth_settings

BT 4.0: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB120_Bluetooth_4.0_settings

I Will be looking forward to your answer.

Best Regards
by anonymous
Ok, I try to explain:

when network is available vehicles operations are manage server side: smartphone sends an "open doors" command to the server. Server authenticate the customer and accept the command. Server is always connected to the onaboard device via GPRS. Server sends a "CAN open door" command to the FMB120 device and doors are open. No one can control vehicle except the server.

ONLY when nextwork coverage is not available (example undergound parking), it would be useful to send "open doors" command locally from smartphone to the FMB120 device. Excluding RFID support, the only way I see is the bluetooth. The problem is that we want that only authorized customers can use this command. But MAC list is limited to 10 devices and PIN number is a very poor security method: it is easy to spoof locally both MACs and PINs.

What do you think about it? There is a more safer way?

Regards
by anonymous
Hello.

So you will be using CAN CONTROL adapter, yes?

There is authorized number list in the device, that will accept command from numbers that are in the list and command from unauthorized numbers will be ignored.

Best Regards
by anonymous
We are managing more or less 250.000 users. Can Control has a white list big enough?
by anonymous
Hello.

No, list is not on the CAN adapter itself. FMB120 has list for authorized numbers but now way it is that big. But You can also set Login and password for SMS sending, this way every number could sent SMS command to device but login and password must be known for command to work.

Best Regards