FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

I'm unable to close the lid of the diagnostics port compartment when the FMB001 module is installed in the OBDII socket.

Any idea how to squeeze FMB001 into this compartment and snap the lid closed and undamaged?

Can you provide a kind of cable so I could place the module further into this compartment?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello Michael,

Thank you for the question.

Two ways to solve this:
1. Buy an extension cable. You can find it here: https://teltonika.lt/product/obdii-cable
2. Open up the case to make device smaller, although make sure that the battery is fixed to the device without shorting any contacts. Doing this will also compromise IP41 rating of the device.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask. Alternatively, upvote the answer if it provided a solution to your question.

Stay awesome and have a great day. :)

Best regards,

Vytenis
Best answer
by anonymous
Hello Vytenis,

Oh, yeah! :) !!
1. I choose the first way.
You should provide the cable with every FMB unit with OBD.
I doubt every vehicle has enough room under such a lid and every end user will be able to find the cable.
Take my stupidity as an example. (facepalm)

2. No. It won't help. Removing the case will barely allow maybe just a half of the distance for the lid.
I doubt every end user will accept the open electronic guts of the device protruding from OBD socket.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards,
Michael.
by anonymous
Glad to help!

We will consider your suggestion about the cable. :)
by
The problem is that I have no such cable now and there is no way to get one and I badly need it installed a couple of months ago. I worry the price of the cable gonna be as high as the price of FMB001 module itself. The overall solution may become unacceptable. That's embarrassing.

Best regards
by anonymous
The previous comment is mine.