FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

I would like to know is there the ability to upgrade the backup battery in a FM3612 from a 170mAh LiPo to maybe a 1000mAh LiPo or bigger? I am looking to increase the time the device can run off battery.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

1000mAh battery is a lot bigger than 170 mAh it could just not fit.

Our devices are certified with these batteries that is way we are selling devices with them and as of now we do not offer upgrades.

Best Regards.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Technically speaking, it is possible, but would require some changes from firmware, to handle the larger battery (there are some time limitations implemented which cut off charging if it lasts too long - in this case it would most probably happen).

Also, the battery should have an identical characteristic NTC temperature sensor on the battery for this to work.

I would suggest looking in to FMU126 (although it has a different modem which supports 2G and some 3G bands) - it has the same form factor as the FM3612 and contains a 1200mah battery.