FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

I have a question about the `Send Period` parameter: if I am looking for near real-time tracking, should the `Send Period` value be as low as the lowest `Minimum Period` so that its constantly sending data? I was thinking about making both 5 seconds.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Send period is responsible for sending records on a specific interval. So if it is 5 it will send records every 5 seconds. But you have to make sure that every 5 seconds there are records generated.

Min period setting is responsible for a time interval to generate a record. So if you make that period low it will generate new records frequently.

Min saved records defines minimum number of records that can be sent in a packet to a server.

If you have anymore questions please ask.

Best Regards.
by anonymous

Hi! Thanks, that is very helpful. So if I have the settings below, while its moving it should be sending 1 record every 5 seconds. 

I guess another option would be to utilize the On-Demand tracking feature on the newest firmware, right? If we built a way to trigger the feature and have it send those high priority ones for when we need to see exactly where it is, then the others could be sent a lot less frequently. Right?

by anonymous
Hello.

Yes, your configuration should allow device to send a record every 5 seconds while moving.

On demand tracking can help you to trigger frequent record sending if you configure it correctly.

For example, if you connect DIN1 to your car's ignition, once car ignition is turned on on Demand tracking will be triggered.

Best Regards.