FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Dear Friends

I have more than 2 weeks on my Motorbike an MTB100. I have connected except the power the Acc power in the DIN1 cable.

The problem is that the device dont want to autocalibrate. I have autocalibration to On and everything seem fine but it doesnt calibrate. I have many Teltonika GPS devices so i think i havent done anything wrong in the configuration of it.

Can someone help?

Device has 03.25.15.Rev.02 firmware and its registered in Fota Web where i have also my configuration.
If i sent a calibration info command i get always the bellow response
Calib:0 Run:1 Qual:0.00 Dbg:0 Iter:346,13 Mov:0 Spd:0 Fix:0 169:2 170:1 G{0.000000;0.000000;0.000000} R{0.000000;0.000000;0.000000}

Kind Regards

Chris

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello

From firmware 03.25.07.Rev.00 autocalibration has been reworked and improved. Please update your device with new firmware and try to calibrate your device, following instruction on Wiki page:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/MTB100_Accelerometer_Features_settings#Auto_calibration_rework_and_improvements_from_firmware_version_03.25.07.Rev.00.

Regards

by anonymous
Hi thx for the reply.

I had read that specific page and i have the latest firmware and i had done more that 300klm with more than 20 drives thats why i asked in the forum.

Question, can i take out the ACC (din1) wire and leave only the power to the device and i will configure the device to understand the ignition through power only. I ask this because i am not really sure i have the correct wire from the bike for the ACC. If that signal is interrupted somehow during driving, i think the device according to what i read in the wiki will start over the auto calibration and maybe this is my problem.

I will reply back tommorow after i test this.
by anonymous
Yes, you could use power voltage as an ignition source, but first verify what is your motorbike battery voltage, often it is 6V in motorcycles. If it is 6 Volts then you should change your Low Voltage and High Voltage thresholds in Ignition Settings.
by anonymous
Its a Varadero XLV1000 and when its off it never goes bellow 12.5V. During powering on it goes for a moment (till it start) to 11.4V and when it works it goes from 13.5 to 13.9
by anonymous
Hi again

I had took out the ignition cable and i configured the device to use the power as ignition and the device correctly identifies the ignition status. Also i had connect it to the battery directly with an inline fuse to the + to be certain that there is no interuption in the power.

Now as for the problem of calibration, nothing is changed. Still the device doesnt want to calibrate and i dont know what else to do.
To the calibration status command, it replies "Calib:0 Run:1 Qual:0.00 Dbg:0 Iter:285,10 Mov:0 Spd:0 Fix:0 169:2 170:1 G{0.000000;0.000000;0.000000} R{0.000000;0.000000;0.000000}"

To me it seems stuck for some reason. I had sent reboot command with my laptop and usb again with no luck after a half hour ride.

What else can i do? reset?

Kind Regards
Chris
by anonymous
Hello,

Is your device tightly tighten to motorbike frame ? During the drive motorbike tilts and if device is not well secured then it may be vibrating and repositioning. It may disturb autocalibration process. When calibrating try to drive stright line with accelerating without tilting motorcycle, because conditions to aquire calibration data are:

2.1. GPS fix is present.
2.2. Ignition is on.
2.3. GPS speed is more than 5 km/h.
2.4. GPS heading is equal to last GPS heading (+/-1 degree) at GPS sample rate 1Hz. - straight line
2.5. GPS speed more then 5 km/h from last sample (accelerating).

Regards
by anonymous

Hi and thx for the reply.

What you say is very difficult to do.. i mean i need to find a 5klm straight ? i must find an airfield or something? my FMB204 and another FMB920 that i have didnt want this... maybe its that the bike is leaning in corners that makes the mtb100 not calibrating?

by anonymous
Hello,

No, you don't need 5km long straight route, the condition is that speed must be more than 5km/h and vehicle must accelerate. I think the longer straight route you will drive during calibration the better, because difference between samples musn't be more than +/- 1 degree, also please check how is your device tightent to the motorcycle frame. You should find long, straight route, position your motorbike vertically to the ground (no tilt), check if there is GPS fix (readio 69, answer 1 means that GNSS ON with fix ) and ignition (readio 239, 1 - ignition ON), then send "  auto_calibrate:set" to device and start to drive with acceleration without tilting motorcycle, the longer you will be able to accelerate the better.

Regards