FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello, 

I have a question about the wiring of FMB120,

according to the wiring diagram both DOUT1 and DOUT2 are connected to the buzzer.

my concern is that if DOUT1 is active it will also activate DOUT2 and trigger the relay, correct?

How can I set the buzzer and immobilizer to be active when the vehicle starts, turns off when driver uses Ibutton and also activate DOUT1 on features like green driving and overspeeding without effecting the relay.

Thanks

by anonymous

FMB120 small and professional tracker with internal high gain GSM and GNSS antennas, which is able to collect device coordinates and other useful data. The article said very true, very useful diggy

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

We have two solutions here.

First one is,short DOUT 1 & 2 and connect parallel to buzzer and immobilizer relay.

This setup will work fine as per your requirement but the only thing is immobilizer relay will trigger for green driving scenario also.

In practical case, this additional relay triggering will not create any issue in the vehicle because we are installing the relay in starter control cable.Once the vehicle is started,this cable doesn't have any role in the vehicle operation.

If you want to stop this additional relay triggering completely you can use the below method.

Connect DOUT 1 to buzzer and configure for green driving and over speeding.

Connect DOUT 2 to Immobilizer relay and configure for immobilization.

Connect one 1n4001 Diode between DOUT 1 & 2, Positive terminal of the diode should be connected to DOUT 1 and Negative terminal of the diode (The side which have a marking) should be connected to DOUT 2.

I hope this will work for you.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi Naveen

I really appreciate  your help,

I have a question with this approach,

if I connect both DOUT1 and DOUT2 together and one DOUT is activated that will cause electricity to flow back to the device to the other DOUT, is that harmful to the device since its an output and not an input?

Thanks for your help.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

This is just a sample diagram.

You can configure DOUT 1 & 2 separately in the features section.It will trigger individually according to your configuration.

Remember, Power supply positive is common, negative voltage is coming through DOUT to control the devices.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by anonymous
Hi Naveen

Thank you for your reply,

I have DOUT1 connected to the buzzer.

DOUT2 set to the immobilizer.

how can I configure the buzzer to be active when the driver starts the vehicle and turns off when the driver uses the Ibutton?

please help.

Thanks
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You need to connect the buzzer parallel to the immobilizer relay connected in DOUT2.

So both will work together.If you turn on the ignition,DOUT 2 will active, buzzer and relay will energized.

If the driver present the iButton, DOUT 2 will turn off, both the buzzer and relay will off.

You can configure the DOUT 1 for other features.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by anonymous
Hi Naveen

Thank you for your help,

This will not work for me because I also need to use the buzzer for green driving and overspeeding events, how can I do this?

Thanks
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Teltonika devices are using open collector digital outputs.

So the voltage which will come back to DOUT will not damage the device.

Thanks in advance

Naveen