FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
I have used the teltonika configurator to set the APN and server address settings but the device is still not sending anything. Is there something else that needs to be done before it can report? I am sure the SIM chip is working and both LEDs are flashing normally.

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

You have any other device is connected to your server and communicating ?

At least  you need to configure the following things.

APN name

APN User name

APN Password

Server IP

Server Port

Data Acquisition Settings

Please find the below link for information.

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB120_Configuration

If you can upload the device configuration file and device terminal log, it will be helpful.

Thanks in advance 

Naveen

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello

There could be many possible reasons why your server doesn't receive/accept data from device:

- there is no GPRS connection

- there is no records to send

- your server doesn't accept records (due to wrong protocol for example)

First check if your device has some records saved in internal memory that should be send to server. Please send getinfo SMS command to device. When you receive an answer there will be REC:X part which shows how many records is in the memory. Full answer description is described on our Wiki page:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB_getinfo

If Rec number is non zero it means that device is generating records but they could not be send.

To check GPRS status connect your device to Configurator and go to Status->GSM Info, you will see there GPRS status, SIM state, Sent Records counter and more.

Please verify above and let me know about your situation

Regards

Janusz / Teltonika support
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I have similar problem too.

I have more piece of FMB120 GPS tracker, this works fine with the old GPS server, but now I would like change my server. (Not the hardware, but also the software) The new software is an own product, and working fine with other types of GPS trackers (forexample GT06x). Of course this FMB120 is other protocol, but I don't even get this far. The problem is that the FMB120 GPRS not starting.

This is the situation:
- The tools works fine with old software, but after change the server settings already not
- the SIM card is good (without PIN), tested in other GPS tools
- APN settings is tested and good
- server ip+port tested and good
- I can send commands via GSM and the answers is good
- I can get the lan-lot positions via GSM, and it is realistic
- the getinfo give me REC:10000+ records on memory
- DIN1+DIN5 under 12V
- I can't use the configurator, I haven't the password to this, just GSM commands
- the two led flashing normal (1-1 sec)
- Param ID:2000 Value: 1

+Info
Only once I got the IMEI number (and an other datapackage) from only one FMB120. But just only once!
If I try again, nothing. If I try another FMB120, nothing.
I have no idea, what can I do yet...

Is there any thing, what I can checking yet?

Thanks in advance,
Gábor