FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Good day, I have a Teltonika FMB120 with LVCAN200 and my client would like to see when the vehicle is experiencing excessive idling.

Currently, we are using DIN1 as our ignition source and we also installed an I button reader to the truck connected to a buzzer for the immobilizer scenario.

My question is, how can I prevent false idling violations when the vehicle is not moving, ACC-IGN is on but the engine is off.

Is there a way to link the idling scenario to voltage so that if the voltage of vehicle is in a state where the vehicle is actually idling example for a 12v vehicle this will be around 13.7 volts and up or a 24 truck it will be 27.5 volts and up to prevent false idling events.

My current problem is that because DIN1 has power but not necessarily that the engine is on and rpm=0 it still sends the violation.

any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Best regards

Ryan Gerber

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

In system settings,set ignition source as Power Voltage.

If we consider your 12 Volt vehicle example, Set your low voltage as 13.7 V.

I hope this will work for you.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by anonymous
Hi Naveen

Thank you for timely reply, Quick question, if power voltage is my ignition source will it have any effect on my immobilizer scenario.

If I turn the key for IGN will the relay still scream and stop screaming once the I button is connected?

All the Best

Ryan
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

I think your doubt is correct, if we set ignition source as power voltage, the immobilizer scenario will not work as expected.

If you can fix this in server level, that will be the best option.

You can create a logic in server which says RPM > 0 & Speed < 5 = Vehicle is idle.

If you can't do this in server,I have a complicated way in hardware level,if you need that let me know.

Thanks in advance

Naveen