FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi folks

Is it possible to upgrade the battery in the FMB204? Appreciate charging time will be slower.

In our use case we are tracking industrial appliances that are mains powered but often go a week or two without power (or movement). They don’t have 12/24v DC systems so the tracker needs to run standalone.

Thanks

Nick
by
So it turns out disconnecting the USB cable (even though configurator wasn't running) has increased the battery life. We went 3 days and dropped to 80% battery that way, so much better performance.

Nick

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Teltonika is not recommending to change the internal battery.

In your case, the better option is using the sleep modes.

1800 mAh is the internal battery of the FMB204.

Even if you use 5mA (It will be lesser than this) in sleep mode,you will get 15 days battery backup.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by
I have just run it for 12 hours in Ultra Sleep mode and it hasn't awoken and connected to the server during that time. The battery was 100% before and it's now 85%...... I can't see that lasting 15 days.

What else do I need to change to get the consumption down to the 5mA level. On paper Ultra Sleep would work well for this. I want it to wake if it's moved (stolen) or if the appliance is in use (in which case din1 will be high) but if it's going to do 30% battery every 24 hours that's not going to work
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I am not from teltonika, Just a user like you :)

Did you measure the current while device is in ultra sleep ?

What was the current that time ?

Thanks in advance

Naveen