FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello all,

I can unlock the car via sms command by sending "setdigout ??1 1" to FMB130 device. I would like to open the car with GPRS command instead of sms.

I can send the command from server to FMB device when the socket is open. But when there is no action after some time socket is closed.

Is it possible to open the socket from server side and then send the gprs command to open the doors please? Or I have to keep the socket still open (sounds to me not secure). Imagine that you came to car and you would like to open via gprs command any time...

Thank you in advance

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It seems that you have already managed to send command via GPRS. If not, in order to send "setdigout ??1 1" via GPRS you have to use Codec 12 protocol:

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Teltonika_Data_Sending_Protocols#Codec_12

Regarding a socket, you are correct, socket will close if there is no data sent from device side. For that timeout "Open Link Timeout" parameter is responsible (GPRS settings). The maximum timeout you can set is "259200" seconds, also timeout will reset if any new data is sent from device, which usually means a link with a server will be always opened. Another part that I must mention that the link can be closed from server or operator side. If you control a server side you can develop that the link with device will not be closed. And for operator side, if you have issues that operator is closing a link then I would suggest you to use "Network ping timeout" parameter.

As I wrote above, the socket will be opened after device sends data to server, that could be either periodical or eventual data. It's possible to send SMS command to trigger an event, but I don't think that this solution is efficient. Just to be clear it's not possible to open a link from server using GPRS commands.

I see that you have concerns to leave a socket open, but I must correct you that device will receive commands only from a server that is connected to, which means that an outsider couldn't open a car using GPRS commands.

Best regards

V