FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi,

I just received a batch of brand new FMB001 devices, and they have e-sim included in the hardware. The excel file that came with my delivery lists "ESim1 IccId" and "ESim1 Imsi" numbers for all the devices. My question is, how do I setup Teltonika Configurator to use the e-sim? I/O info only shows ICCID 0000000000 when I have no micro-sim card installed?

Thanks,

Dan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Dan,

Our apologies for the late response and thank you for your inquiry.

This is how e-SIM functionality should work as described below:

GPRS settings and Roaming Operators can be configured separately for SIM (SIM1) and for eSIM (SIM2). 

In SIM2 Roaming/ Home operator list home operator must be added to any part of the list that functionality works correctly. 

Dual SIM operator search functionality works like that: SIM1 and SIM2 home operators have the highest priority: When the device is connected to the home operator - the manual roaming operator search is disabled. 

When the device is disconnected from the home operator - the operator search procedure is initiated as normal every 15 minutes. SIM1 Roaming operators list has higher priority then SIM2 Roaming Operator list. 

When the device finds a new operator from SIM1/SIM2 lists – it switches to new SIM according to the list and connects to the new operator.

Please check FMB001 user manual for the working algorithm. This information you can find on the link: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB120_GSM_Operators_settings

Also, please let us know if you will need any help or you will have questions.

Best regards,

Teltonika Support