FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I need to know the difference between the battery charge modes for FMB204.

- On Need

- After Ignition ON

-Allways

I have the device connected to 12v power supply for 20h, configured battery charge mode as 'On Need'...and the status says that battery level is 67% (it should be 100% after 20h connected).

So...

how does the 'On need' battery charge mode works?

it will charge until 100%?  

when the device goes to 'Online Deep Sleep' ...will it continue charging battery until 100%?

I need the battery at 100% unless the power supply is disconnected (of course) and it will go decreasing the internal battery level...

Should I use the battery charge mode 'Always' for that?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I hope this will clarify your question:

Battery charge mode (ID=110). “On Need” (value 0).  Enable battery charger any time when needed. “After Ignition ON” (value 1).  Charger can be enabled after ignition is turned on, except if battery is fully charged or 10 minute timeout has not passed since device was turned on for faster FIX receiving. “Always” (value 2) enables charging all the time (even if any sleep mode is active).

Let me know if you will have more questions. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Teltonika Suport.

by anonymous
The point is , when "On Need" ---> any time when needed....

what is "when needed"??  when battery level is not 100%? when battery level is less than a value?

what happens with battery if "On Need" configured and any Sleep mode is on?
by
Hi, when the battery charge mode= On Need,  the battery stops charging at 63% ....why it don't  continue until 90-100% of battery charge?   63% battery level is not a high level battery and it should continue charging.

Can be changed this 63% threshold to a higher one?