FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Ultimately I would like to send a payload to device connected via the teltonika FMB125 RS232. Is there any documentation that explains how I can establish remote communication with the FMB125 and how I can send a payload via RS232 (RX).

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You need a FOTA account to access the devices through remotely.

Contact your sales manager for more details.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by
Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your response. I currently do have access to FOTA, which allows me to perform actions on device management such as firmware.

My usecase is slightly more specific, I would like to pass a msg to the RS232 (RX) in order to prompt a command on the RS232 connected sensor. My anticipation would be that sending custom command is not possible via FOTA (However I stand to be corrected), with that assumption I would be believe a feasible solution would be to establish an SSH tunnel with the device and action accordingly.

If you know of any documentation that could assist me in achieving that - I would really appreciate it.
by anonymous
You could try running a little Pi Zero or something in addition to the FMB125?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

I think it's not available.

Thanks

Naveen
by
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback