FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Dears,

I have configured FMB920 to my company platform with prepaid sim card. That works perfect. However, after two days, device stop sending location to my platform. Once I changed the sim card to a postpaid sim card it words perfectly. So, the question, is there a way to configure prepaid sim card (not m2m) to work with FM920?

Thank you
by anonymous
Hi,

For your clarification, I am not from teltonika , I am using their devices for my vehicle tracking purpose.I didn't use any FMB920 yet. What I am saying is my experience with teltonika devices.

Your SIM card has any authentication ? If yes you need to provide the APN name,User name and Password for authentication.

Can you please upload your configuration file and log from the device with that prepaid SIM inserted (By using Terminal or Hyper terminal )

I will try to look into that.

Thanks

Naveen

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

The device doesn't care about prepaid and post paid , if mobile data is available in the SIM , it will send the records to the server.

In your case most probably after two days , the mobile data balance is zero, that is the reason it stopped sending the records.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
by
Hi, thanks for your response. Thats not true. My Prepaid Sim has more than 1GB and once I connect it to any other tracker it sends records to my platform. I think your device doesn't work properly with prepaid SIMs. Because I see many of questions online that says FMB920 works perfectly on M2M and Postpaid SIM While not in Prepaid.