FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I'm sending GPRS-commands to my FMT100. During remote configuration there is quite a number of commands. My goal is to match each received answer to one of queries, that server has sent to the device before. Is it possible?
As I see, there is no any identifier of command in Codec12 or Codec14, which could tell me if particular answer is an answer for particular query. Is it planned to expand the protocol in near future?

The scenario related to my problem is as follows:
- server sends query "A" to device
- device doesn't answer, because of poor GSM signal (we don't know if device received query or not)
- after a while server repeats query "A"
- still no answer
- after another while server sends query "B"
- after another period of time device responds, i.e. "unknown command or invalid format"

How do I know which command is it answer to?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your query.

There is no such plans for now to expand protocol. Thank you for suggestion.

Device responds immediately after GPRS command is sent. If command is sent and there is no response device will not respond to this command "A". In such case device will answer to the last GPRS command "B".

Best Regards,

Teltonika Support.