FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hello,

I have FMB204 and trying to understand the sleep modes described on https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB204_Sleep_modes

I set the device to Online Deep Sleep Mode. The wiki says :

In this mode the device works as in deep sleep mode

However in Deep Sleep mode wiki says:

• Min. Record Saving Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) must be larger than Open Link Timeout parameter, so that FMB204 could close GPRS link;
  • The difference between Send Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) and Open Link Timeout must be more than 90 seconds, so that FMB204 could close GPRS link within at least 90 seconds;

Not sure if Min. Record Saving Period is same as On stop > Min Period but this parameter is set to 3600 seconds and Open Link timeout is set to maximum 259200 seconds. Send Period is set to 120 seconds.

Despite the above rules my device enters Online Deep Sleep just fine. I have set it entering this mode 60 minutes after stop. The data sent to tracking server every 3600s is showing "io200":"3" so Online Deep Sleep is achieved.

However i am not sure if GSM module is online. If i send GPRS command, it shows loading for very long time. Sometimes it completes on next data acquisition interval and sometimes the command completes after tracker exits sleep by ignition on.

Is it not supposed to get my GPRS commands executed immediately if tracker is in Online Deep Sleep?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for question.

Using Online Deep Sleep, GPRS will work the same as using Deep Sleep mode. The difference is that using Online Deep Sleep mode you can send and get response from FM unit using SMS commands.

Hope this information was useful.

Best regards,

Teltonika Support