FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello Teltonika team,

I have connected an external device through RS232 on my FMB device. The external device should send a response after I send a command to the device. 

The device is set to keep the Link open for maximum amount. Link Timeout and Response timeout are set to maximum values, Data acquisition are set to keep the link open for as long as possible, the link only closes in case of bad GSM reception or server timeout if no data is sent. However, I receive Codec8 packets to my server but I do not receive Codec12 command responses from FMB device to my server when I send a request. 

The command is: .ledstate

I send this Codec12 packet to FMB device:

00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13 0C 01 05 00 00 00 0B 2E 6C 65 64 73 74 61 74 65 0D 0A 01 00 00 8A F2

However no response from FMB is received on my server.

I took the response from command "getstatus" for you to show that this is not an operator or an issue with the server.

Response to "getstatus" command while I am sending Codec12 commands to device:

Data Link: 1 GPRS: 1 Phone: 0 SIM: 0 OP: 22201 Signal: 5 NewSMS: 0 Roaming: 0 SMSFull: 0 LAC: 1 Cell ID: 3055

FW version: 03.25.05

Could you explain what could be the issue?

Looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards,

Yours,

AntonioDeFaggotini

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello AntonioDeFaggotini,

Thank you for query.

We apologize but ".ledstate" SMS/GPRS command is not existing.

You can check which SMS/GPRS commands FMB family devices are using you can check here: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB_SMS/GPRS_Commands

Let us know if you will have more questions.

Best wishes,

Teltonika Support

by anonymous

Hello, Teltonika Team,

I have read in your documentation that codec12 can be used for two way communication between device and server. I imagine it should be possible to send commands to external device which is connected to FMB device through RS232.

The problem that I'm having:

I send correct command of my external device (NOT SMS/GPRS COMMAND) to FMB device but I do not receive an answer to my server from the FMB device.

Could you help to investigate this issue?

Looking forward to your response. 

Kind regards,

Yours,

AntonioDeFaggotini

by anonymous

Hello AntonioDeFaggotini,

Sorry for misunderstand.

We checked your Codec12 packet and we see that is incorrect. Your packet must look like:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 11 0C 01 05 00 00 00 09 2E 6C 65 64 73 74 61 74 65 01 00 00 3E 9F

Please try to send this one and inform us if it will work.

Let us know if you will have more questions.

Best wishes,

Teltonika Support